About Me
Profile

E-mail Me

Yahoo Me

AOL Me

My Friends
Adam

Heather

Jamie

Jeanne

Kiri
Blogs I Read
No Milk Please

Queerly Canadian

The Realms of the Writer

My So-Called Blog

Pesky Apostrophe
Member Of
> > Sarcastic Geeks < <

> > Redhead Blogs < <
Archives
Get Active
Listed On
Listed on Blogwise

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Visitors
since 6 November 2004 Milestones: 100 unique visitors on November 14, 2004 Who Links Here

Blogger Vigil Against the War

Bacchanalian Redhead

~Friday, July 01, 2005

Tonight 

Tonight may be,
as you shall see,
the final withering blow

Never again
shall I ever depend
on he who made me so

Tonight I take flight
from your hate-filled spite
and take refuge in my dreams

To places divine
in this heart, mine
spirit shall be redeemed

Tonight is the end
and pray God I mend --
though some wounds will never heal

Curses and blame
to my constant shame;
no more will you reveal

Tonight I'll be gone
across the barren lawn
though I know I shall return

To broken dreams
and piercing screams;
blows that sting and burn

Tonight you have won,
the cycle begun --
despair, pain, and grief

From you I fear,
though I stay near,
no salvation or relief

Tonight I shall die;
none to hear my cry
None to save me from your soul


content © r.m.b.