About Me
Profile

E-mail Me

Yahoo Me

AOL Me

My Friends
Adam

Heather

Jamie

Jeanne

Kiri
Blogs I Read
No Milk Please

Queerly Canadian

The Realms of the Writer

My So-Called Blog

Pesky Apostrophe
Member Of
> > Sarcastic Geeks < <

> > Redhead Blogs < <
Archives
Get Active
Listed On
Listed on Blogwise

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory


Visitors
since 6 November 2004 Milestones: 100 unique visitors on November 14, 2004 Who Links Here

Blogger Vigil Against the War

Bacchanalian Redhead

~Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Independence Day 

Not one more kiss,
though you may miss
the way I cupped your cheek

Not one more threat,
to make love a bet
will ever make me meek

Not one more fight,
filled with spite
will ever make me sad

Not one more sigh
from these lips of mine
will ever make you glad

Not one more blow
from the lips I know
will I ever choose to hear

Not one more lie,
to my bitter cry;
no to another tear

I don't love you now,
you lost, somehow,
your compassion and your grace

But now, a smile;
a laughter blend
to ease harsh lines from my face

Its my Independence Day--
a freedom from the painful way
I loved and lost, but now can leave this place


content © r.m.b.